Need a break from studying on your campus this weekend? Here’s a list of top events for you!
iHeartWashingtonWine Benefit Concert
- Auction of Washington Wines and 106.1 KISS-FM proudly present “iHeartWashingtonWine” a food, wine and concert event benefiting Seattle Children’s Hospital and Wine Science research at WSU. iHeartWashingtonWine will feature bites from some of the area’s best local chefs, amazing wines from more than 10 Washington wineries, plus a special live performance by KISS-FM superstar Andy Grammer Featuring Gourmet Bites from These Five Popular Restaurants and Chefs: Vestal Stoneburner and Bastille Hollywood Tavern Blackfish Tulalip Bay Ticket price includes tasting and heavy appetizers Ages 21 & Over Only Please
The ShowBox at the Market
1426 1st Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101
6:00 PM – 10:30 PM
Academy of Comedy
- 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- Manwaring Center 372 A Little Theater
- Enjoy a night of hilarious fun and laughter at this popular comedy show featuring impromptu comedy by our very own skilled BYU-Idaho comedians.
I Cover Show and Dance
- 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM
- Location: HRT 250
- Don’t miss the biggest concert of the semester featuring BYU-Idaho student bands playing your favorite cover songs in a rock concert setting. The light show adds to the excitement! Dance follows– all for one low price!
Comic Frenzy Show
- 9:00 PM to 10:30 PM
- Snow 107 Black Box Theatre
- Behold the Theatre Department’s improvisational comedy troupe, Comic Frenzy. Witness this team of students tromp the stage and entertain with never-before-seen performances that spring to life based on the suggestions you give! Be part of the most organic creative process this side of childbirth! $1 per show!
First Friday Art Walk
- March 4, 2016
- Time: 12:00 AM – 11:59 PM PST
- Location: Downtown
- Come join us and celebrate the exciting, diverse world of the visual arts in Ellensburg. The Ellensburg First Friday Art Walk is a downtown event that showcases art of all forms in galleries and non-traditional spaces in Ellensburg. The First Friday Art Walk is an event to honor the local artist and their work.
Board Game Nights
- Date: March 4, 2016
- Time: 6:00 PM – 11:00 PM PST
- Location: Nerdcore Toys
- Event Description: Nerdcore Toys is hosting Board Game Nights
All You Can Eat Fish & Oyster Feed
- Date: March 5, 2016
- Time: 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM PST
- Location: Cle Elum Eagles #649
- Event Description:
- All you can eat fish & oyster Cle Elum Eagles #649
- Pick a Pearl / Pearl Dive
- Fried Oyster, Breaded Cod, Tater Tots, Macaroni Salad, Cole Slaw & Texas Toast
- Free Oyster guaranteed to contain a pearl.
- Date: March 6, 2016
- Time: 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM PST
- Location: Cle Elum Eagles
- Event Description: Breakfast & Joker Poker
I Cry Out: Reclaiming Identities Behind Bars—multimedia art exhibit
- Campus location: Social Work / Speech & Hearing Sciences Building (SWS)
- Campus room: School of Social Work Gallery — First Floor
- Friday, Mar 4, 2016,
- 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- In keeping with its mission to create and improve post-secondary education programs inside prisons, Huskies for Opportunities in Prison Education or HOPE developed I Cry Out: Reclaiming Identities Behind Bars—an exhibit on display at the UW School of Social Work Gallery (first floor) from Feb.,16 to June 1, 2016. The poems, letters and visual art created by the prisoners for this exhibit illustrate the humanity and spirit for renewal of each incarcerated participant. The multi-media exhibit allows us to gain insight into what life is like behind bars and how it is altered with access to education.
MalPaso Dance Company
- Friday, Mar 4, 2016 & Saturday, Mar 5, 2016
- 8 – 9:30 p.m. PST
- Campus location: Meany Hall (MNY)
- Founded in 2013 under the artistic direction of Osnel Delgado, MalPaso Dance Company expresses the passion and uncertainties that define Cuban life and are embodied in the country’s rich dance tradition. Touring the U.S. for the first time, the company exhibits its trademark fresh contemporary spirit in a program featuring 24 Hours and a Dog, a new contemporary dance piece by Delgado set to music by Grammy Award-winning pianist and composer Arturo O’Farrill, who will perform live with members of the Afro Latin Jazz Ensemble. Also on the program is a new work yet to be announced.
UW Music: Faculty Chamber Music Concert
- Sunday, Mar 6, 2016
- 7:30 p.m. PST
- Campus location: Meany Hall (MNY)
- Newly appointed faculty artist Sæunn Thorsteinsdóttir (cello), artist-in-residence Cristina Valdés (piano) and associate professor Melia Watras (viola) are joined by Pacific Northwest Ballet Concertmaster Michael Jinsoo Lim (violin) in an evening of high-voltage chamber music, including works by Haydn, Kodály, and Dvorák.
Don’t see an event for you? Check out our event calendar!